Monday, March 25, 2013

Spring Break Culinary Revenge #1: No Recipe Pasta Salad

So today is supposedly my first day of spring break, but Groundhog must have lied about spring coming early. It was snowing this morning in Philly! I'm not going anywhere for spring break this time around, so I have plenty of time to catch up with the kitchen for a lazy snow day meal. Due to my crazy schedule, I haven't gotten a chance to purposefully cooked nor baked since my return from rumspringapore in January.

Out of her generosity and indifference towards imported ingredients, a family friend gave us a HUGE jar of Kalamata olives from Greece and some boxes of fancy pasta from Italy.

First thing came to mind was pasta salad! So I boiled a serving of the pasta with a dash of salt to al-dente, just as I prefer it when serving it cold.

While waiting for the pasta to boil, I chopped a handful of olives and whatever else I could find in the fridge (broccoli, pickle, and carrot made this such a nutritious meal). Add a bit of grated parmesan cheese, and stir everything in one bowl with the cooked and strained pasta.

Yum! So that was my lunch for today. Coincidentally, it's meatless Monday too! :)


0 comments:

Post a Comment