Monday, October 14, 2013

Chicken Pot(pie) Soup

Given the weather has been so cranky, I think it's time for the comforting soup season!

I've been so busy lately staying late at work, and people around me are starting to get sick. I need to build immunity through whatever I eat. This is pretty much a twist to the regular chicken potpie, without the pie crust.

Chicken Pot(pie) Soup (serves 6)

Ingredients:
1/4 c. flour
2 c. water
4 c. fat-free milk
1 large celery stalk, chopped
1/2 medium onion, chopped
1 can of mixed vegetables
1 lb. chicken breasts, diced
8 oz. sliced portabella mushroom
1 block of chicken bouillons
pepper
salt
2 tbsp. thyme (I love them a lot because it gives lovely fragrance, moderate to your liking)
2 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed
  
**I pre-chopped some of the ingredients prior, because I knew I was gonna be so tired Sunday night

Directions:
1) Combine 1/2 c. of water with flour. Whisk until blended and set aside for later
2) Pour milk and the remaining water into a large Dutch oven pot. Slowly boil

3) Add celery, onion, mushrooms, boullions, thyme, pepper, salt, canned vegetables, and return to boil
4) Partially cover and simmer on low until vegetables are soft
5) Remove lid. Add potatoes and cook until soft
6) Add chicken. Slowly whisk in the flour mixture. Cook for another 5 minutes


I've just enjoyed it for dinner just now. Not bad at all :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment