Thursday, April 18, 2013

Oatmeal Raisin Cookies

Here comes another four-day weekend, and Thursday is just the day I feel so domesticated. I thought of baking, then I changed my mind, then I changed my mind again. I saw oatmeal in the pantry, then lo and behold I feel like baking some oatmeal raisin cookies. This might be a revenge to the full semester I spent without baking abroad. I didn't have access to a real kitchen and grocery items were pretty steep. Anyhow, these cookies are so delicious I can finish all 2 dozens of them. Nom nom nom...

Ingredients
1/4 c. butter, softened
1/4 c. firmly packed brown sugar
1/4 c. regular sugar
1 egg
1 tsp. vanilla
1 c. flour
1 tsp. ground cinnamon
1 tsp. baking soda
1-1/2 c. uncooked oats
a handful of raisins (there's never "too much" for these)

Directions
1. Heat oven to 350 F. Cream sugars and butter in a bowl.
2. Add egg and vanilla, beat well.
3. Add combined flour, cinnamon, and baking soda. Mix well.
4. Stir in oats and raisins evenly.


5. Drop dough using rounded tablespoon onto ungreased cookie sheets.
6. Bake 10 to 15 minutes.

0 comments:

Post a Comment